Thursday, September 05, 2013

The "When I'm 70" Rule

I've been trying to implement a new perspective in my doings.  It is inevitable that you get into conflict over things at home, at work, at church.  So I'm trying to ask myself, "Will I look back at this particular conflict when I'm 70 and think I made a big fuss over nothing?  Will I even feel foolish for getting so worked up?"  If so, then yield to the other person.  It's not worth it.

This is along the lines of, "Don't sweat the small stuff. P.S. Everything is small stuff."

2 comments:

Susan Moore said...

Or, I look at it this way, "When I get to heaven will this matter?" It's all about relationships. It seems all wars were started by a conflict between two people. The only thing that matters to God is loving relationships; that we love Him above all else, and all others as ourselves. And the only way we can do that is by grace through faith in Him, because He first loved us. So it's imperative that we love every person we meet, like He loves us, to give life to the dead and light to this dark world.
Susan

Martin LaBar said...

Speaking from experience, whatever it was, you probably won't even remember it at 70 . . .