Friday, October 07, 2011

Romans Devotionals out

The two devotionals I wrote to go with Paul: Solider of Peace are now out and available at Amazon:




I've mentioned before that the great thing about these is that they work like a layperson's commentary.  Each day's devotional is only about 500 words and includes summary, info you may never have heard, and application.  They're ideal for lay Bible studies, but I think they would also be great for sermon preparation in a series through Romans--lots of ideas you could jump off from.

I wish I could send the book these go with to every pastor, DS, and general official in the denomination, since my sense is that very few Wesleyans know much about what biblical experts have to say about Romans, let alone a Wesleyan perspective on such recent scholarship.  While I am no slavish follower of the "new perspective," there are a lot of obvious and probable corrections to old views that pastors of all stripes should know.

4 comments:

Joel Byer said...

You need to get your books on Amazon Kindle! :-) Is there any way to do this?

Ken Schenck said...

Not sure... my wife just tried to download one of them on Kindle and noticed they're not on it.

Jared Calaway said...

My God, Ken. You are becoming the Jacob Neusner of the New Testament! Have a little bit of hypergraphia? ;) How's Deutschland treating you?

Ken Schenck said...

I don't think they all say the same thing. ;-) Unfortunately, I really only have one scholarly book to my name...

Germany has been good so far, although I have an ominous UPS coming Monday that probably has to do with a minor dent someone put in a rental car when we weren't looking... When I have a chapter done, I'll present and it will hopefully get interesting!