Monday, May 30, 2011

OMT: Romans 9:1-5

Previous translations include:

Romans 1:1-7
Romans 1:8-10
Romans 1:11-15
Romans 1:16-17
Romans 5:12-17
Romans 7:13-25
Romans 8:1-8

And now, Romans 9:1-5:
9:1 I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, as my conscience corroborates with me by the Holy Spirit 2--that it is a tremendous grief to me and a constant anguish in my heart. For I would pray to be accursed, I myself, from the Messiah on behalf of my brothers, my relatives according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom belong the adoption and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the sacrificial worship and the promises, 5 to whom belong the fathers and from whom [came] the Messiah in terms of the flesh.  [May] the God who is over all things [be] blessed forever.  Amen.

No comments: