Monday, February 21, 2011

Leviticus 19:1-2

I don't suppose that many of us spend long periods of time pondering Leviticus, but yesterday's OT lectionary reading made me think of the current immigrant debate:

"The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them: You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy. When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very edges of your field, or gather the gleanings of your harvest. You shall not strip your vineyard bare, or gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the alien: I am the Lord your God" (NRSV).

2 comments:

Jared Calaway said...

Are you kidding? I ponder Leviticus all the time! ;) I always make my intro bible students read the holiness code.

Ken Schenck said...

;-)

Sorry to hear about Alan, by the way. Very glad you were done!