Monday, January 16, 2006

On a Lighter Note...

I've put a two part algebra promo on CafeTutor.com. If you're looking for a reason to procrastinate, I'd be interested to know any problems you have opening up anything.

I've been having problems with my own computer with my Internet Explorer shutting down while the video is downloading. I don't know if this is a glitch with my computer, because some hidden internet file is full and I'm having memory problems, or whether there's a code problem.

If you want to blow twenty minutes, I'd appreciate any comments on whether it works or not:

www.cafetutor.com

then click on algebra to the left. Thanks!

6 comments:

Aaron said...

The first one worked, the second one closed my browser.

Ken Schenck said...

Arrrgh. Thanks for trying it Aaron. I can't figure out what's doing it!

Aaron said...

I don't know what you did but it worked this time.

Ken Schenck said...

You know, I think it must have to do with the amount of memory involved, congestion on the web, and who knows... I wonder if it's all so new that our machines have to work extra hard to process the stuff. I'm open to other suggestions! It's a pain for what I'm trying to do. Who wants to be that patient and persistent! I wonder if the mp4 downloads aren't the easier path, in the end.

Jess said...

I clicked on CafeTutor and got the page, and the second one just gave me an error, though it didn't close my browser.

Ken Schenck said...

Thanks Jess, here's the state of the question. My files are incredibly big for reasons that can be adjusted. Mega thanks to Dan Lambert for helping me with this at every step of the way. My laptop is crashed at the moment and I'm going to have to learn yet another new thing before revising all these. Then forward again. It may be the beginning of the month before something really new appears...

Thanks all for helping me!