Saturday, December 10, 2005

Testing the Home Page

I have reformated the home page of CafeTutor.com. But since I am an amateur web designer, I'd be glad for any testing you might be willing to do for fun.

If you go to www.cafetutor.com, I have no doubt the basic homepage will come up.

Question 1: Does it look right? On one screen everything's balanced; on another, the spacing is way off. Any artistic comments are also welcome (color scheme, etc..).

Then I'd like to know what happens next. Does the streaming welcome open? If you're willing to download Quick Time 7 (link on page), does the streaming welcome open immediately after you have downloaded it? What messages is your browser giving you?

If you can't get any of that to work, click on the Problems link and download the welcome as a straight mp4.

I haven't altered any of the deeper links yet (e.g., the Greek alphabet one yet). After all, I do have students and a family to think about...

Thanks for any idle time or suggestions you might have.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Whoa! This is cool.

Yes, the video began playing immediately when I went to your site (I was having fun pausing the video at various points to see what face you were making).

What a great idea...I am very eager for Hebrew to come out.

I have a few artistic suggestions (color, font, etc) that I am e-mailing to you...

Mandy

Ken Schenck said...

Great! I changed the color scheme a little more to coffee colors (Daniel Lambert suggested this also). I've also put a couple Greek layers in.

Thanks for helping! I think it will be helpful (and it would be great if it would put my kids through college--but that remains not to be seen)

Kevin Wright said...

Fantastic idea. You might get bought out by some large internet company before you know it. I'm extremely impressed. Is there any type of patent you can get?

Ken Schenck said...

I think it's more copyright territory, and there is no time limit on securing the official papers on copyright. I don't think that there is anything patentable, although I'd love to know if there is. The time limit for patenting something is a year after its inception.